Preparing for Surgery
Please help us meet all of your needs, please follow the following guidelines:
- Do not eat or drink anything including water, chewing gum and mints 12 hours prior to surgery. Medications for blood pressure, heart conditions, seizures, asthma or emphysema may be taken with a small sip of water at their usual prescribed times. If you use an inhaler, please bring it with you. Undigested food in your stomach can cause complications and your surgery is likely to be postponed for your own safety if you forget to follow these instructions
- Bathe or shower and brush your teeth (taking care not to swallow any water) the morning of your surgery. This will assist you in feeling refreshed as well as minimize the chance of infection
- Do not wear mascara, makeup or jewelry. If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safe keeping. For your safety, ALL piercings must be removed before the arrival to the surgery center. This includes earrings, brow, lips, etc.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing that is large enough to accommodate a large bandage after surgery if needed. Wear comfortable slip-on shoes; no high heels please
- Leave all valuables, including cash and jewelry at home. We are not responsible for damaged or lost property
- Please arrive at the time given to you. This allows ample time to prepare you for your procedure. Your family/escort will be asked to wait in the waiting room
- Do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours before surgery
Please take a moment to download and print our 5 page brochure which includes all of the information in this section of our website. It will greatly expedite your administrative paperwork on the day of your procedure if you complete and sign this document, and bring it with you when you are admitted.
Printable Information Package
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print the above document.